Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Winter Wonderland

Honestly, I forgot.

Something in me was almost dreading winter and the first layer of snow, but this morning when I went out for a walk I realized I had forgotten.

I forgot how crisp and clean, how joyful is the air when the first snow is on the ground...and how amazing is the world when the sky is blue with frothy white clouds and the sun is shining on the frosty white fields. I forgot how delightfully crunchy is the sound of powdery snow crunching under my winter boots.


I forgot, and I'm glad I forgot. I'm glad, because I love the wave of childlike wonder and delight that sweeps through me every time I rediscover a new season.

God of the seasons...Your imagination is too wonderful for me! :-)

3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, Rosanne! Funny how we blogged similar things. :) You are a wonderful writer!

    Kaysie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, enjoy that pure white snow! :) You are an excellant writer and I love to read your blogs! ~Diane Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, best cuz! :-) I'm glad you visited my blog.

    ReplyDelete