Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Strength for the day

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lam. 3:22-23


I looked up these verses this morning before reading a passage in Hebrews. Incredible! Are His mercies great enough to sustain me through the day? Absoulutely! He knows everything I will face today, but more than that, He has faced such things Himself.

Hebrews 3:14-16 says:

"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then [because of this] draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

The message I find in these verses is: Take courage!

2 comments:

  1. My, my, my. This is a message from the Lord for me. I love His Word. It is awesome! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Sharon! Thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete