Friday, March 13, 2009

Signs of Spring

Winter is coming to end. The official first day of spring is only a week away. (Cheers!!)

Nature speaks so eloquently of God’s faithfulness, but especially so in the spring. Regardless of how drab the winter may have appeared, God was at work. And no matter how often I disbelieve the promise of its arrival, spring always comes.

In more ways than one my winter has been long and barren.You know those long periods where God is at work in your life but you don’t see much outward evidence? Similar to the budding life encased inside the earth during a long winter, the great Artist is at work underneath despairing circumstances. And I know now that the trials have not been for nothing. Signs of blossoming emerge, and I rejoice. Spring is coming.

The budding pussy willows and eagerly growing daffodil and tulip shoots reaffirm my excitement. I am reminded of the words of the psalmist, “Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.” (Ps. 30:5)

If your winter, too, is growing wearisome and the voice of despair is clamoring at your door, don’t give in.

God is up to something awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Good reminder, Rosanne! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, Thanks for your beautiful reminder that spring is "just around the corner!" Spring is such an awesome time to reflect on the beauty of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie,
    Wow!!
    Yes, spring is coming!! Yay!!
    I always love spring!!
    Flowers, birds, and butterfly's!!
    I can't wait!!
    Love ya, sis!!

    ReplyDelete