Sunday, February 1, 2009

On Life and Blogging

Sometimes I am afraid that those of you reading my blog will think I am trying to be super-spiritual because of the things I post. That is not my intent. I am not trying to avoid the practical side of life (though this is not a diary). Rather, I believe that all the little moments of life, which include, for me, trying to be a good teacher, washing dishes, and cleaning the house, are part of a journey. The journey is learning to know and love Jesus Christ. Life is, in a sense, a sum of these small, intensely practical moments. And though I am definitely not at all perfect or very far advanced in the journey, life, for me, is all about knowing Jesus. That is, and I pray ever will be, my goal. My blog is a collection of musings about God and the Christ-life simply because I am a Christ-follower, not because I think in lofty terms. Life on this earth is short, so it should have a great deal to do with the life hereafter. And many who share this earthly life with us do not know the Life Everlasting. So my goal actually is two-fold: to know Christ and to make Him known. That is my deepest desire in life, so naturally my blog will reflect that. Thanks for reading! And remember, I do love when you share your comments. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think that your writing reflects your intent. You do want to share Christ with everyone willing to read in the hopes that someone's life will be changed. And that is a far nobler goal than writing about the day to day activities and thoughts of your life.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete