Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Prayer

My mind is swirling
With thoughts about life
And every idea
Slips out of my grasp
I can’t pen it down
Who am I?
And what is life?
Teach me the truth

Life is so short,
But so shockingly real
And I forget what lies beyond
Beyond the visible
Give me a bit of Your Vision
That I may feel the weight of eternity
And in every precious person
See the wonder of a soul

I wait here quietly,
Listening for Your Voice;
My heart strains to hear
The strains of holy music.
Where is my place in this symphony?
I'm listening, I'm yearning,
My heart is straining to hear
The music of Your Voice.

R.J.S.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the heartbeat of that one... I pray you'll feel God honoring the cry of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. friend,
    this is xactly how i feel... i didn't realize u were feeling the same! may God be with u. u are so dear to me, i'll always be ur friend. hugs, gen

    ReplyDelete